Ever wondered how to search for text on an iPhone? You know how to search for words or keyphrases on a webpage on a desktop / laptop by pressing ‘CTRL+F’ on Windows, or ‘COMMAND+F’ on a Mac… but how do you search for text on an iPhone?
We have the solution! It’s actually on your iPhone already… but you probably didn’t know it was there…
What is the equivalent of CTRL+F or CMD+F on an iPhone in 2021
1. Open Safari on your iPhone
2. Go to the page where you want to search for the word / keyphrase
3. Tap the Share button (the rectangle with an arrow)
4. In the action list (bottom row of icons), swipe over if necessary and select “Find on Page”
5. In the text field that appears above the keyboard, enter the word / keyphrase that you’re looking for. As you type, the matches appear highlighted in yellow:
- If the word / keyphrase isn’t present, ‘no matches’ will display.
- Where the word / keyphrase occurs more than once, simply tap the up or down arrows to navigate between each instance.
We hope you found this Whizz Hack helpful! Sign up to our Newsletter and Social Channels to be kept updated with more Top Tips & Tricks!
Go raibh maith agat [Thank You]
Thank you for taking the time to read What is the equivalent of CTRL+F or CMD+F on an iPhone in 2021. We hope you found it useful and that it was a handy reference guide to help you find the words / keyphrases you were looking for on an iPhone.
If you enjoyed reading it, we would really appreciate if you would share it with your friends and give us a shout out on your Social Channels – our handle is @whizzireland.
I hope we can serve you again in the future.
Managing Director, Whizz.ie
Get 15% Off Your First Purchase!
Pop in your Name & Email Address to get a Discount Code mailed directly to you!