Google Business Profile - Set Up
So, you're wondering how to get your local customers to find you on online... We know it's difficult to know where to start and how to prioritise what needs to be done.... Luckily the experts in Whizz are here to help!
Whizz.ie provides a Google Business Profile - Set Up Service, designed to get you found locally for what you do.
Benefits of Google Business Profiles
- It helps customers find your business
- You control the narrative! Once you’re verified, it allows you to control the story you tell your customers about your business
- Your customers can leave valuable reviews. These reviews can then be set up to automatically feed through to your website or you can share them on your social channels. Sharing your reviews is a subtle form of social proof which in turn helps future customers decide whether to use your services / products in the future.
- You can edit your business information by adding a link to your website, updating your opening hours, contact details
- Update editorial content i.e. business description, photos, videos
- Add features that allow customers interact with your business i.e. BOOK NOW, ORDER NOW
- You can add special offers or highlight events by using Google Posts
- Performance: You get access to valuable analytics of your listing (they call this Google Insights). Google Insights displays easy-to-understand graphics i.e. how many people search for your listing, how many phoned your business, how many viewed your photos compared to other businesses like yours, how customers search for your business
Why your Business Needs to be on Google
‘If you don’t do it, someone else probably will…’
Whether you like it or not, your business can and probably will get listed on Google. Anyone can enter your business name and register it with Google.
Don’t leave it for someone else to control what is put online about your business. Claim your listing yourself and control the narrative. Remember: if you don’t do it, someone else probably will!
Did you know: One in two people who conduct a local search visit a store that day!
Think about your own buying behaviour… if you search for a product or service close to you, you’re usually about to make a purchase.
By taking the time to ensure your Google Business Profile not only exists; but is accurate, complete and optimised; you increase the chances of that buyer finding you.
In terms of Local SEO, setting up your Google Business Profile is one of the first things to do in the early days.
Once you have processed your payment, please send us the following essential Required Information quoting your Order Number:
- Business Name
- Service Category (what category is your business in? Read HERE for more info)
- Do you want to add a physical location / store that customers can visit? YES/NO
- Address (including Eircode): *Note: a Google Postcard will be sent to that address within 20 days of the submission of your listing. You will need the code from this Google Postcard to complete the verification process.
- Do you serve customers outside of your location? YES/NO
- Where do you serve your customers? (i.e. here you can specify countries / counties or even local townlands - there is a limit on how many you can enter, so enter a max of 5 at the beginning)
- What contact details do you want to show your customers (you must pick at least one): phone / website (if website, please specify link)
- Gmail address (this can be kept private from public eyes, but you will still need a gmail address to get access to your listing, Insights & Reports)
Once your listing has been verified (usually within 20 working days), THEN we will name you as the OWNER with full access to your listing. At that stage, our job is complete and we remove our access to your listing after 7 days has passed. Alternatively, you can keep us as a MANAGER of your Google Business Profile and hire us to look after your monthly updates i.e.:
- Once you're verified, you can then add photos of your business exterior, interior, team etc.
- Add a business description with special attention to your keywords
- Update your Listing with an Offer / Event / Highlight a Product or Service
Invest in your Future
The value of your Google Business Profile can be easily credited towards a Monthly Social Media Management contract, if you decide you’d like to move forward with us for a monthly retainer. Subject to availability.
- Select 'Add to Basket' above and follow the prompts to pay securely online.
You may also like…
What Happens Next?
- Once you process your payment, you will receive an automatic email confirmation once your payment has been received.
- Please ensure you send the Required Information listed above to us, quoting your Order Number.
- Please allow 5-10 working days for us to process your application. We will contact you to confirm once we have submitted your application.
- We reserve the right to decline or cancel an order if you have failed to submit ALL the Required Information listed above, in which case you will receive a refund minus our fee for any time worked on this project.
- Our opening hours are Mon-Fri: 9am-5pm. We are closed on Weekends and Bank Holidays i.e. a request made at 6pm on a Friday will not be responded to over the weekend as our office is closed on weekends.
- Payment is required in advance of us setting up your Google My Business Listing.
- Our job will be considered complete once we have submitted your application. As verification is subject to Google’s T&C’s, we accept no responsibility for listings that are not approved by Google. Therefore it is in your own interest to ensure that you verify your listing as efficiently as possible.
Get 15% Off Your First Product Purchase!
Pop in your Name & Email Address to get a Discount Code mailed directly to you!
*Discount applies to Products only (not Services).